This is what I think!

Here's a place for me to ponder about scrapbooking. You can read it, comment, or just laugh. Maybe you know what I'm talking about!!
Don't forget to shop for unique, one-of-a-kind scrapbook pages at http://www.queenjeannepages.etsy.com/! New stuff all the time!


Friday, November 19, 2010

One of my favorite tools... Pokey

What can I say? I have had a love affair with my metal paper piercer tool for about 7 years. It started when I used to scrapbook with a friend once a month. I would need the tool to poke holes in the paper - perhaps to put in a brad, perhaps to start a hole for a piece of ribbon or such. Where the heck was it?? Search under this paper, look under that pile... finally one time I just said "Pokey, oh Pokey! Where are you?" And I guess it stuck. It became a joke, perticularly when under the influence of my favorite scrapbooking beverage... wine.

And believe you me, Pokey is something to love. It doesn't talk back to me. It's strong, doesn't ever bend. Sure, one end is sharp. But I'm careful about that end and Pokey has never hurt me. Have I wanted to use it to hurt someone else? You bet!! But I'd never compromise the straight as an arrow metal stick. Wish there was a cover for Pokey, I'd sure buy it. Until then, I place it lovingly on my work table,  between the Exacto knife and bone folder. It looks good there. If I put it back there every time, I'd never have to ask where it is. What fun would that be? Ahhhh. I so love my Pokey.

No comments:

Post a Comment