This is what I think!

Here's a place for me to ponder about scrapbooking. You can read it, comment, or just laugh. Maybe you know what I'm talking about!!
Don't forget to shop for unique, one-of-a-kind scrapbook pages at http://www.queenjeannepages.etsy.com/! New stuff all the time!


Sunday, December 12, 2010

New Cricket magazine coming!!

That's right, there will soon be a magazine strictly for Cricket lovers! I got an email the other day and though the subscription was pricey, (about $36 for 6 issues) I went ahead and said ok. What I would like to see in this magazine are oodles of ideas. OODLES I say! I don't mind if they showcase a cartridge, and give me 50 ways to use it. I'm talking scrapbook pages, party decorations, and home decor stuff. Card making, vinyl art and glass etching ideas, too! And I don't want to see easy peasey simple darn ideas, only fancy, supercool artistic stuff. Stuff that uses lace and ribbons, tulle and rhinestones, inks and stamps. Ideas that blow your mind. You look at them and go, WHOA, let me get up off this couch and go cut some stuff!! Because I may not always have the best ideas, but boy can I copy something I see. That's right. I'll twist it and turn it and make it my own, but I need inspiration. C'mon Cricket magazine, BRING IT ON. Do ya know what I mean?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I do. That's the kind of magazine people like me avoid becasue we know people like you and are thoroughly intimidated! P.S. - They'll never survive if they only have super-de-duper ideas, because the point is to grow the product, and they need sections for those of us who have knuckles grazing the earth while we walk - craft wise. Like Ready Made, with their super cute project code, (caveman to homo erectus) signifying that (at least at Hominid status) I, too, can attempt and screw up this walking and chewing gum thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. - Squagfanm010 is Jimmy's thing, I'm still at my e-dress. I don't know what to do, so I'm letting one of the kids do it for me, even if - like a cricut - I know not what I'm doing! Mary

    ReplyDelete